Immortal Generation Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining the Clan

Go down

Joining the Clan Empty Joining the Clan

Post  Mator Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Joining the Clan

What you do:
If you are interested in joining the clan the first thing you should do is familiarize yourself with the clan:
This is so you can make sure that you are truly interested in joining the clan and so you have some knowledge of the clan’s workings if/when you are accepted. Beyond this you can read more topics about the clan, interact with clan members, and ask members about that clan. It is highly recommended that you do not join the clan if there is anything about the clan that you have a major problem with or if you don't feel a need to join the clan.

The second thing you should do is post your application in this forum. See the Application thread for more details.

The third thing you should do is interact with the clan during the 1-week wait time. Your interacting with the clan is critical because it allows clan members to asses you, to see if you belong in the clan. Your application will be extended if you do not interact with the clan enough during this 1-week wait time. See Interacting With the Clan for examples on how you can interact with the clan.

Finally, accept the clan's decision.

The Process
1. The applicant assesses whether they feel they should be a part of the clan.
2. If the applicant feels that they should be a part of the clan they apply by posting an application.
3. An administrator reviews the application.
4. The applicant interacts with the clan.
5. Clan members make recommendations.
6. The administrative team decides on a course of action based upon the application and recommendations one week after the application is submitted.
7. The applicant is informed of the course of action that was decided on.
    A. Application is extended by 1 week. (Return to step 4)
    B. Application is refused. (Return to step 1)
    C. Application is refused and applicant is denied future applications.
    D. Application is accepted. (Proceed to step 8)
8. The applicant is accepted to the clan.

FAQ
Q: What should I put on my application?
A: Anything you want. You can see some sample fields in the Application thread.

Q: Who do I contact if I have a question that is not on the FAQ list?
A: A member of the clan’s administrative team.

Q: How much do I have to interact with the clan?
A: A daily basis is preferable. The total time interacting with the clan should be at least 2 hours a week.

Q: Can I ask members about their assessment of me and whether they think I belong in the clan?
A: If you want to ask a question regarding this you may, but you should phrase it in a tactful manner to avoid uncomfortable moments.

Q: Why should I accept the administrative team’s decision even if I don’t like it?
A: Because there most likely isn't anything you can do about it. Furthermore, by protesting against the decision you will be undermining the Administrative Team's authority, which won't help your standings.
(Note: This does not mean that you can't ask questions regarding your application.)

Q: How many times can my application be extended?
A: Twice, outside of a special situation.

Q: Why would my application be refused?
A: Your application could be refused if you demonstrate considerable problems or disregard to the rules of the clan.

Q: Why would I be denied future applications?
A: You may be denied future applications if you demonstrate destructive or vandalistic behavior or if you have already had you application denied on multiple occasions.

Q: How will I know if I am accepted to the clan?
A: You will be notified via PM and/or E-mail.
Mator
Mator
Admin

http://halostunting.wikia.com/

Back to top Go down